Job status/type: Full time Permanent
Industry: SGD Pharma Asia Pacific Ltd is part of SGD Pharma group a global leading company in the glass primary packaging for the pharmaceutical industry. 5 factories and 10 sales offices around the world deliver top quality glass bottles, both in molded and tubular. 2 750 employees support global international customers, as well as local players.
Location: Shanghai, China
Job category: Customer quality engineer
The role: (responsible)
- To assist the manager to get to the departments targets.
- Quality documents preparation:
- Prepare the related documents in development process, and complaint process.
- File the paper documents related with the quality specification and return forms, meeting records and letters exchanged with the clients or inspection institution outside etc.
- List record and handle the each complaint.
- Prepare the monthly/ annual reports related with the complaint and quality reports etc for manager.
- The other paper works asked by the leaders.
- New project development quality control:
- Organize internal resource to prepare the samples for the sales or client.
- Organize internal resource to do some necessary test.
- Prepare and discuss the quality specification with the client.
- Prepare the limit sample and transfer to the internal quality control documents according to the quality specification.
- Build product card for production.
- Internal communication:
- Exchanged the quality information between the sales and plant.
- Collected the information related the complaint and new projects among the related departments in the plant.
- Transfer the quality requirement from the clients or sales team to internal related departments.
- Complaint handling:
- Lead complaint handling, Following up the corrective action performance for the complaint. Set up Project Team for key issues to take continued quality improvement.
Report to: QA Manager and QE Manager
The candidate: (requirement)
- Intermediate typing and computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good investigative and organizational skills.
- Good problem solving and failure analysis skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Can work under pressure.
- 3 years working experiences with quality-related activities such as SPC, DOE, FMEA.