CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - NEW-YORK
POSITION: Customer Service Representative
ORGANIZATION: SGD Pharma Packaging, Inc
LOCATION: New York, NY
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager Americas
TRAVEL: 2 to 4 weeks a year (when applicable)
MARKETS: Pharmaceutical, Health and Beauty markets
PRODUCTS: Molded and Tubular Glass containers used to pack Pharmaceutical drug products for Injection, IV, Nasal and Oral routes.
SGD PHARMA KEY FACTS:
Parent Company: SGD Pharma
Headquarters: Paris, France
Manufacturing plants: 5 Plants
Sales Offices: 10
BUSINESS: SGD Pharma is a global leader in glass pharmaceutical packaging. SGD Pharma produces over 8 million vials and bottles per day at its five manufacturing plants in Europe and Asia. All plants are ISO 15378 certified, and two are recent green field facilities. With 10 sales offices and a wide distribution network, SGD Pharma offers a broad range of sizes and finishes in Type I, II, or III, amber and clear glass, as well as innovative added-value services like Ready To Use vials, internal siliconization or protective plastic coatings.
POSITION SUMMARY: Customer Service Representative
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for a portfolio of customers in the pharmaceutical packaging industry. The successful candidate will work in a multicultural environment in a NYC based office, under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager.
The position involves administering customer orders in an SAP computer system, coordinating manufacturing schedules with our plants (in EU and Asia) and delivery schedules with our Logistic partners, updating the forecast and supporting the Sales Managers within a specific customer portfolio. Building report and Clear communication with the customer base are the most critical functions. The Customer Service Representative will be engaged in facilitating account administration such as ensuring on time payments and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all ordering and logistic communication with client portfolio
- Create and maintain clients’ accounts in SAP (new customer, price list, cross reference lists, surcharges)
- Maintain administrative files (Network/CRM: orders, paperwork, POs status)
- PO management
- Review all POs for accuracy and process orders
- Ensure a good communication with customers (standard communication)
- Follow up validation with planning department
- Follow up shipment with logistic department and logistic partners
- Update the forecasting tool to ensure all data are accurate
- Sales support (Samples, new development)
- Late payment (reminders level 1, fill in tracking document)
- Control and manage inventory in local US warehouse (when applicable)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of trade school (with appropriate experience) or university degree in related subjects to job description.
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Fluency in French and English
- Team player, organized, detail oriented, quick learner
- Comfortable in a multicultural, multilingual environment
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years experience in similar position, Pharma/Packaging industry is a plus
- Very comfortable with IT tool (ERP system, forecasting tool, Microsoft Office suite). SAP experience is a plus