Our CSR strategy
Our company focus on ESG is fully integrated into our commercial and industrial strategies.
To minimize the impact of our business on the environment, we are prioritizing decarbonization. Our goal is to lead the pharmaceutical glass manufacturing industry with our decarbonization efforts, with the intention of reducing CO2 emissions by 35% by 2030 and by 65% by 2040. SGD Pharma is SBTI committed and currently working on the 1.5°C scenario decarbonation pathway validation including our scope 3 emissions. Four of our five international manufacturing plants, including global center of excellence Saint-Quentin-Lamotte in France, are already certified with ISO 50001 for the design, implementation and maintenance of an energy management system. We also have a number of projects to reduce our carbon footprint and water consumption across all geographies.
We are also dedicated to investing in our facilities to make sure that our employees are working with state-of-the-art equipment and in a safe environment. Health and safety is vital so that we can minimize any potential risk of accidents and improve working conditions for our employees.
In January 2023 we were awarded a gold EcoVadis rating in recognition of our sustainability efforts, achieving at least 70% in all areas of performance. SGD Pharma is in the top 1% of companies in the manufacture of glass and glass products rated by EcoVadis for sustainable procurement and in the top 2% for labor and human rights.
Find out more here
Tubular and Corning partnership
Earlier this year SGD Pharma announced our joint venture with Corning to adopt the company’s Velocity® Vial coating technology and manufacture high-quality tubular vials at a new tube manufacturing facility in construction at SGD Pharma’s Vemula India production site.
This collaboration will help pharma companies respond to increasingly complex capacity and quality issues while meeting global demand for critical medicines. We broke ground on the $60M site in June 2023 and expect Velocity Vial production to begin in Q1 2024. So, watch this space for updates on this exciting project and contact us to discuss the suitability of the new vials for your application.
The city is home to one of the world’s most successful examples of wetland ecological restoration and SGD Pharma has committed to supporting the community’s efforts to tackle deforestation by planting mangrove trees.
Products and services displayed at CPHI 2023
On our booth we will be showcasing our glass packaging offerings, developed with customer needs at their heart. Can’t wait till CPhI? Find out more about our products and services below:
- Sterinity - Ready-to-Use molded glass vials which speed up time to market and reduce total cost of ownership as a result of increased quality and flexibility. Now available also in 10ml and 20ml Tray.
- PROSEAL+ - Pre-treated glass for thermosealing applications: a ready-to-seal bottle treatment for an optimal hermetic seal, typical applications are antibiotics and VMS.
- Siliconization for inside vials - Maximise product value while providing additional protection with our market leading siliconization treatments.
- IDENCY - Our next generation of Type I glass multi-dose vials that combine easy to operate features on existing filling lines with superior strength, mechanical resistance and chemical durability. Developed as the perfect solution for pharmaceutical companies facing increased supply chain pressures from the growing demand for parenteral drugs.
- Ensiemo - A child-resistant packaging solution ideally suited for essential oils and cannabidiols using pharmaceutical-grade glass and accurate dropper dosage.
- Clareo - High-quality Type II premium glass vials for injectable drugs. An ideal combination of increased uniform wall thickness and higher cosmetic quality.
- EasyLyo - SGD Pharma’s vials more suited to extreme conditions encountered during the lyophilization process.
For more information contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org